Wednesday 12 March 2014

You have me in stitches

Hello everyone I hope you are all well and enjoying the wonderful spring sunshine. It is great to get out without all the rain to walk Mt H and he is still clean and dry afterwards.
Today I am sharing a hanging on the sewing theme and I am entering this for Hels Sheriden's Sunday challenge Stitches.
I started with an MDF shape and covered it in paper and edged it in black soot distress ink. I then stamped  over in parts with cradle stamp, hessian stamp , and a couple of small Tim H background stamps. Then I used some card stock with a sewing theme and stamped the edges with different stitches . Next I stamped the dress form and added to base of pattern picture with glue and seal. I used 3d foam to raise it up a bit. I hot glued the wings onto the dress form for a bit of a stream punk theme.

Next I added card strip of a tape measure, some crochet ribbon, a button, pearls and finally some flowers. I  added a wooden treddle scewing machine embellishment,  rolled a little bit of card and wrapped some bakers twine twine to look like a cotton reel. Finally I thread some waxed jute to hang it up with. I hope you like it . Take care xxx

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Carol, I love the sewing machine and your improvised cotton reel is so clever. A really beautiful hanging! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creaton Carol, love it... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, I cant see the image above for some reason. Its a bit like the problem ive had with my blog. I hope its not catching.
    Thanks for visiting and for you lovely comment
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gill have reloaded picture, not sure why that happened. Thank you x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, it is really appreciated.