Monday 23 June 2014

Patterned Papers



Would you credit it, now try as I may none of the pictures will up load for me, so here is  my update just to let you know I am still here and not left blog land just yet. When I can sort this out I will be back with pictures, perhaps for another project.


Well blogger friends I am afraid I have been missing for a little while due to a few issues really.
 Mr Mojo decided to do a round the world trip leaving me without a thought. My shoulder is still not very good and I am now having physio and waiting to go on a 6 weeks Shoulder  Course (  wish it was craft workshops instead but they don't do them on the NHS it seems)
Thank goodness I have my  Ebug.

My tablet is driving me nuts this week, first it won't charge, then it charges but drops the charge in a couple of minutes.  Isn't technology a wonderful thing until it goes wrong! Today I can't get out of the front door , no joke,  it  unlocks but it is stuck at the top. I presume the hook at top is not releasing possibly because it has expanded due to the glorious weather we are having. Poor Mr H cannot understand why we have to go out through the back door.

Anyway onto my offering for the lovely Hel's Sunday challenge, Patterned Papers.

I have used 3 MDF shapes and covered them all with paper. The last one is paper pieced with lots of left over bits of paper.


Starting with the top one I added paper with vintage roses on it ,really pretty I stamped the sentiment, added a  wooden flourish, a metal butterfly and the rose. I made the flower from Tim H tattered die, l used a plain paper and added distress ink Victorian velvet around the edges. Then I cut some leaves and put them all in the meltpot. I also added a little gold paste on edges of rose, and a small strip of crochet ribbon along the bottom.


The middle mdf  also has a piece of patterned paper as a base and I have added some rock candy distress to the left corner. I added a strip of card, added some ribbon, and a cameo at top left. Bottom left is a little lock. On the right hand side is some beads , a hessian heart, steamed with the sentiment   'Follow your Heart' . I added a bit of red promarker to high light, added the keys and a crochet rose and leaf.

The last piece is made up of paper piecing . I added the pieces and went round the edges with a fine pencil. I added a few based, a cameo and frame, a butterfly made from kraft card, stamped in black and embossed then cut around. I added the words to the bottom right. I used jute cord to put it all together.

Well a bit of a long post today, take care and I hope you like my project xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it is really appreciated.